Museums in the area cover all aspects of time, culture and people. From the Native American and Asian cultures, to the Lewis and Clark Expedition, history is vividly displayed. Click below for more information.
* Asotin County Historical Society Museum – 215 Filmore; Asotin, WA; 509-243-4659. Features hands-on displays emphasizing the region’s pioneer period. Highlights include a Mastodon elephant tusk over 10,000 years old, 1880s sheepherder’s cabin, pioneer home, old time barbershop and a one-room schoolhouse. Square-nail construction and complete details reflect its original look.
* Nez Perce County Historical Society & Museum – Situated in one of Lewiston’s first buildings, the Nez Perce County Museum preserves the history of Nez Perce County and features Native American and pioneer artifacts.
306 3rd St. Lewiston, ID 83501
* Nez Perce National Historical Park’s Visitor Center - Nez Perce National Historical Park’s visitor center at Spalding is located eleven miles east of Lewiston on Hwy 95. This is a unit of the National Park Service that commemorates and celebrates Nez Perce history and culture. For more information, our number is (208) 843-7001.
* Jack O’Connor Hunting Heritage & Education Center - This museum is located at 5600 Hells Gate Road, in Hells Gate State Park, as you head south on Snake River Avenue in Lewiston. Here you’ll find a museum displaying Jack and Eleanor O’Connor’s personal collection of over 60 trophies that span a lifetime of hunting throughout North America, the Indian Subcontinent, Africa and the Middle East. For more information, our number is (208) 743-5043.
* Lewis Clark Discovery Center - This museum is located at 4832 Hells Gate Road, in Hells Gate State Park, as you head south on Snake River Avenue in Lewiston. The center features interpretive displays including an Indian tepee, a display about Lewis and Clark’s difficult route through the Bitterroot Mountains, a dugout canoe display, a salmon stream and a bronze cougar sculpture. A 30 minute video Lewis & Clark: From the Mountains to the Sea is shown every day on the hour starting at 9 a.m. Idaho State Department of Parks and Recreation operates the center and a gift shop. For more information, our number is (208) 799-5015.
- November 22, 2014 – November 30, 2014
Kendall Chevrolet Clearwater Snake Steelhead Derby
All Day, Sports & Recreation
- November 22, 2014 – January 5, 2015
4:00 pm, Festivals & Celebrations